Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beer and Your Health


Tuesday is one of the few days each week (OK, the only day) that I don't have a beer. Why? Well, for one thing, I've self-designated Tuesday an official LRP (Liver Recovery Period). I also play tennis on Tuesdays after work, and I can't seem to bring myself to have a beer after doing something good for my body.

So, is beer actually bad for you? I'd like to think not. In fact, there's been quite a bit of research done that beer (in moderation of course) actually has some health benefits. Yes, beer has calories, but not as many as most people think--you'd need to drink something like 4 beers to equal the number of calories in a fast food burger. To put it concisely, having a beer a day is not bad for you and actually has some benefits--it's really no different than having a glass of wine with dinner each night, which no one seems to have a problem with (I'll save the Beer vs. Wine argument for another time though). This article from All About Beer Magazine by Gregg Glaser has some interesting beer health info...check it out:
You're Better Off With Beer, Beer and Your Health

No comments:

Post a Comment