Wednesday, March 25, 2009

JJ Bitting Brewing & Climax Brewing

I'm very excited to be checking out two local Jersey beer establishments this evening. Right after work, I'm planning on heading to JJ Bitting Brewing Company for some dinner and a pint.

I haven't decided yet whether to try their O'Halloran's Irish Red, Barley Legal Barleywine, or Coal Train Porter. It's all gonna depend on how I'm feeling after work. I'll hopefully post some notes about whichever beer I choose later tonight when I get home

Following what's hopefully a great meal and a great beer at JJ Bitting, I'm heading over to the Climax Brewing Company for a personal tour of their brewery.

Dave Hoffmann over at Climax is being extremely generous and opening up the brewery tonight to give me a tour. I've never had any of their beers before either, so hopefully I'll get to taste some and/or buy some for later. Their ESB and Nut Brown Ale sound especially tasty as do their seasonal Doppelbock, and I think it may be Doppelbock season! I'll post some updates on the Climax tour tonight or tomorrow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment