Sunday, March 29, 2009

Lancaster Brewing Company Amish Four Grain


The Lancaster Brewing Company Amish Four Grain is a slightly malt-balanced English Pale Ale. There is some hop flavor and aroma, but I think the malt is a bit more present than in an American Pale Ale. I'm not gonna do full tasting notes, cause it's Sunday and I'm lazy, but it was an excellent beer. I picked it up because I enjoyed Lancaster's Rare Rooster Rye so much, and I was equally impressed with the Amish Four Grain.

In other news, I had some great beers over the weekend in NYC at both the Heartland Brewery (I had their Red Rooster Ale) and at The Rabbit Club, one of my favorite beer bars in the city. They have a great selection of Belgian, German, and English beers and the ambience is unique to say the least. They had the Rodenbach Grand Cru on tap, the premiere example of a Flanders Red Ale, which was awesome! I also had Brauerei Pinkus Mueller's Organic Munster Alt, an easy-drinking German Altbier, as well as Hambleton Ales' Hambleton Nightmare, which is described as a Yorkshire Porter (they also make an Extra Stout Porter under the same name). I'm still hurting a bit from the weekend--I spent all day drinking yesterday during a scavenger hunt in the city to raise money for Relay For Life, and we got extra points for every shot we took. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment